New generation cold air intake/box to suit Commodore and Statesman from VR-VS V8, which is a direct drop-in replacement for your existing air box assembly. This includes an all new air box, black lid, airflow meter safe pod filter, black lid, along with mounting hardware required for complete installation.
Exclusive to Mace Engineering Group, our design-registered cold air intake/box provides a range of benefits as listed below:
- Genuine bolt on product, which comes with everything required for installation.
- Utilizes a pod filter which offers superior flow characteristics compared to conventional panel filters.
- Huge cold air entrance, maximizing the amount of air captured behind the headlight region.
- Made from a heat resistant extruded ABS plastic, ensuring your filter remains cool maximising power, unlike other steel or aluminium enclosures on the market.
- Won't rust or discolor like powder coated or aluminum enclosures on the market.
- Airflow meter safe pod filter. What this means is that our pod filter won't coat the heater elements in your airflow meter with oil which have been known to cause dangerous lean outs.
- On road power gains of around +5kw at the rears are not uncommon, depending on modifications.
- Improved drivability and throttle response
Please note: The kit may also suit Series III VS V8 Utes
If the engine number starts with VU it runs the earlier batch injection with no maf. and will fit your kit without mods, Series III built on or after december 1998 run the maf.
VU Engines with build date 7/1998, with Getrag 290 & 5 speeds has the same injection style as VR and VS Series I and II hence would suit as well.