Exclusive to Mace Engineering Group, our design-registered high performance cold air intake kit is one of the best bang for buck mods currently available for your Commodore and similar platforms fitted with Ecotec L36 and L67 Supercharged 3.8L V6 engines.
Not only will our cold air intake produce instant power gains but it will also enable you to extract more power from any further modification you may undertake; the higher the air demand, the more the factory system becomes a restriction.
This kit has been designed to increase the volumetric efficiency of your engine by increasing the density of air/oxygen present inside the cylinder after each intake stroke. This is due to a design which dramatically shortens the intake path and eliminates most of the obstacles air must pass through while making use of the large amount of cold air available behind the head light. In simple terms it has a similar effect to breathing in through a straw and then cutting the straw in half, considerably reducing the effort required to breathe.
As an optional upgrade, we can swap the SAAS pod filter we supply for a genuine hi-flow K&N pod filter which features ultra-strong moulded pliable rubber flanges, excellent filtration and washable/reusable air filter media. All K&N air filters come with a one million kilometre manufacturer’s warranty so you can be assured your vehicle is being fitted with world class quality componentry.
- Design registered.
- Genuine bolt on product which utilises only the existing factory air box mounting points and comes with everything required for installation.
- Available with either a SAAS pod filter or a K&N pod filter (optional extra) which offers superior flow and filtration characteristics compared to its counterpart.
- Huge cold air entrance, maximizing the amount of air captured behind the headlight region.
- Made from a heat resistant extruded ABS plastic, ensuring your filter remains cool maximizing power, unlike other steel or aluminium enclosures on the market.
- Stealth OEM appearance which won’t rust or discolour like powder coated or aluminium enclosures on the market.
- On road power gains of around +5kw at the rears are not uncommon, depending on modifications.
- Opens up the door to further modifications.
- Improved drivability and throttle response.
- 1 X Cold air intake enclosure (Black or clear, see parts guide)
- 1 X Black cover
- 1 X Clear cover (Optional, see parts guide)
- 1 X Hi-flow pod filter
- 1 X K&N filter (Optional, see parts guide)
- 1 X Bolt pack
Vehicle Fitment Guide
Please select the part number you require from the drop down menu by utilising our vehicle fitment guide and parts guide.
- The images are for illustrative purposes only.
- Detailed fitting instructions can be found on our website under Support.